Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tomorrow's the Big Day!

The day is finally almost here!  I'm tired, excited, anxious...every emotion you can possibly feel are shooting off like fireworks right now.  I'm sure it's hormones. 

I'm to arrive at the hospital at 10 a.m. tomorrow and the c-section is to take place at 11:30 a.m.  It's a "rooming in" hospital, meaning only sick babies are supposed to be in the nursery, which is a little disconcerting.  By no means do I want a sick baby, but I've had two children--sleep is important, and sometimes that requires sending the baby back to the nursery for a little while!  I will need to be alone part of the time when S has to pick up the girls for and from school, but I'm supposed to be released either Wed. or Thurs. afternoon. 

We are still at a standstill for names.  S doesn't like Adelaide, Adelae, or Adeline.  He likes Juliet more than those names, which isn't my favorite, but I'm getting desperate.  I liked Lydia, but I'm not crazy about the meaning.  I've always liked Isabella and S said he did, too, but once again, that name is #3 in the country for popularity and I wanted to be a little different this time.  We'll have to come up with something!  

In other news, the nursery is still an office.  Who else will likely bump their newborn's head on a pair of deer antlers?  Who else has arrows sprawled out from deer to deer, right above the changing table?  What?  I'm the only one?  Are you sure?  Perhaps they'll get moved tonight.  Perhaps not.  We'll see. 

Oh (excuse the poor transition), Lovely turned 8 last month.  We went to a movie the day before her birthday and she got the Lego Friends "Olivia's House" as her present.  She said it was the best birthday ever--even better than last year when I slaved over a party and invited her entire class to it.  That'll teach me.  Give some Legos = Get more rest. 

Speaking of rest...I need to get some attendance/participation grades entered and then I need to get some rest for tomorrow.  I took my last (hopefully) insulin shot this morning!  Yay! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! How exciting! Been thinking about you today....thought about calling but thought it might be too soon. Can't wait to see the new bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!