Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Chilly Winds, Chirping Birds

It's been freezing today.  Well, 50 with chilly wind seems freezing now anyway.  But, one can still hear the birds chirping blissfully, and so I still count the days until spring begins to act like spring.  Maybe it needs a Snickers. 

It's spring break for the girls and they are some of the few who get to keep their entire break despite the snow days.  They each have packets to work on instead of going to school.  My spring break is this week, but it's filled with sick children, sore throats (mine, especially), grading, and cleaning.  I still need to plan my syllabus for my summer course, but that will get done eventually.

School has been much better since the switch.  Nothing is perfect, and Snugglebug is really struggling in some subjects, so I try to remind myself to have patience with her (often unsuccessfully).  I don't know what the future holds for next year, but we shall see.  I just pray they go where they need to go, and where they're supposed to go. 

I look around at my mess of a house and long for more space...and a cleaner space, of course.  Six people is crowded in this little house, especially with surrounding neighbors, but we are blessed, so I then go on to give thanks for what we have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!