Thursday, April 26, 2012

Starting All Over

 Place:  Motherhood outlet in Indy 
 Lovely:  "Mommy, why does everything in here have this bump?" (points at mannequin)
Me:  "Because that's the kind of store it is."
Pause.
Lovely:  "But why are YOU in here then?"
Me:  "Because."
Lovely:  "Mommy!  Are you going to have a baby?"
Me:  "Maybe."
Lovely & Snugglebug whispering:  "Mommy is going to have a baby.  This is awesome!"
 Five minutes later.
 Lovely:  "Mommy, this is TERRIBLE!"
Me: "What?  Why?"
Lovely:  "A baby is going to keep me up nights with its crying."
Me:  ", you sleep like a rock.  Nothing is going to wake you."   
The title of this post is what keeps going through my mind:  I'll be starting all over.  I had finally moved past the diaper stage.  Lovely is almost out of her carseat.  And now:  starting all over. 

I normally didn't like to announce we're having a baby until after the first trimester, but I am now at 11 wks (although I look like I'm 20 wks!), and the cat seems to be out of the bag.  Hmm...this post may sound like I'm not happy, but really, I am.  I'm just nervous, which I attribute to being a bit older.   And knowing our house is entirely too small for all of us to live sanely.  There will be 6 1/2 yrs between Snugglebug and our newest, which seems like such a tremendous gap.  I had been under the impression that we just weren't going to have anymore children--which means we no longer have a crib, a carseat, a stroller, and numerous other baby items I had tired of storing.  I'm now 33, and I know there are plenty of mothers older than moi, I just feel...lol...old!  (shame on me, I know!)

I've decided I'll use my blog to document this pregnancy, praying it doesn't disappear.  I had kept an online journal through all of my pregnancy with Lovely--and the owner of the site transferred everything, happening to delete all of my posts . I barely wrote down anything with Snugglebug because I was too busy taking care of a 9 mo. old.  So, here goes!  

Current stats:
EDD:  November 16
Med Issues:  High blood pressure at last appt:  150/90.  However, I've taken it each morning & evening since and have not surpassed 133/82.  Thank goodness!  If I had high bp, I'd need to take meds, have weekly fetal stress tests at 32 wks and thereafter, and deliver 2 wks early.  Also, this will be my 3rd c-section.  There is one doctor in the entire area who is willing to do a VBAC after 2 c-sections, even though current research does not show a significant risk.  Anywho, he is in Louisville, and I must stay in S. Indiana this time around. 
Concerns:  I'm scheduled to teach three classes this fall.  I need the experience and the money, and since it's only 2 days a week, 5 hrs per day, I think I can handle it.  However, I'm not sure what I'll do for the few (approx. 5 days of classes) remaining after the birth. 
Predictions:  S told me (once again) that God told him we would have another baby, he just didn't know when.  This time, however, he was also told we'd have a boy.  I'm waiting and seeing.  I'm not eager to begin the battle of names that will ensue if we are having a boy. 

4 comments:

  1. awww....Cool!!! Congrats on the "surprise" package. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It is very exciting--although I keep thinking of the "you don't want any more children at this point in your life" speech Nia gave me at U of L last year! Personally, I believe she's wrong in my case ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! :) I pray everything goes smoothly for you! :) God bless you!

    -K

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!