Friday, September 28, 2012

33 Weeks and Counting

Weekly non-stress test:  Check.  Blood pressure:  132/72--not bad at all for this late in the game.  Weight:  1 lb lost.  Total weight gained:  8 lbs.  Aches and pains:  Hips are killing me.  Blood sugar:  closer to range, but the fasting number is still way off.  Insulin has been increased and diet has been re-arranged in the evening, but it doesn't seem to be helping that number.  I'm told that's because as the pregnancy progresses, the amount of whatever I'm producing to inhibit the insulin increases as well.

I did have a scare yesterday.  I forgot my mid-afternoon snack and went 4.5 hrs without eating.  I began to feel extremely bad and shaky, only to find my sugar was 69.  I drank some orange juice and waited.  Checked my blood again--65.  I took a sugar pill and checked again:  59.  Drank 1/2 cup of skim milk and my sugar finally started rising...too much.  Although I was hungry and it was time for dinner and my next insulin injection, I waited because my right hand said 170 and my left hand said 140 (which is another oddity of my body--my sugar can be as much as 30 pts different, depending on the finger I check).  It went back to normal range after I finally ate dinner, but I felt awful before that and probably scared Lovely because I had to remind her what to do if I passed out, etc. 

Although I'm still opposed to having a c-section as early as 38 wks, I am wondering how much longer this can go on.  I have contractions almost nightly, so I doubt I'll be able to schedule it when I want anyway (which is kind of OK because I want God to choose the birthday, not me).  We'll see.  Until next week, and the next stress test...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!