Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Another New Beginning




Wow.  This post seems reminiscent of 12 months ago.  Oh wait!  It was 13 months ago.  Silly me.

As you can probably guess from the picture above, we are now expecting our fourth child (what I’ve been referring to as the fourth and final…we’ll see!) due Dec. 21.  I know.  Of course we wanted children only 13 months apart.  Of course I wanted to have a newborn before Laea begins walking.  Of course!

Actually, we fully believe children come when they are supposed to, and if God wanted to give us this gift now, then we know He will provide for all our needs.  Thoughts do run through my head like:

·         How can I fit another huge carseat in my vehicle?

·         How can I go ANYWHERE in December or January?  My oldest two didn’t begin walking until they were about 15 months old (yes, they took steps, but I’m talking about walking).

·         How can I fit another crib in our little, tiny house, in a little, tiny bedroom? 

Yet, all will be well.  These really seem like such petty questions when looking at the big picture.  Of course, I may have come to this realization after some of the trials we’ve been through lately.  I was having some problems (bleeding), which I never had before, and so I spent the day after Memorial Day in the emergency room having every test under the sun done to me (let’s just say PAIN).  But, as soon as I saw the little alien baby on the monitor, boxing and flailing his/her arms, I was overwhelmed with even more love than I had felt previously.  There’s nothing like an alien baby to do that to a woman.

Everything turned out all right, but it was a bit scary.  I had decided not to tell the girls until after school was out anyway because I didn’t want them telling everyone at school yet, and I wanted to make sure everything was A-Okay so far.  Lovely and Snugglebug were both pretty excited, although it took a while for Lovely to catch on when I told her she could “dream about have a baby brother or sister…around Christmas time.” 

So, here’s what’s going on so far:

·         I’m 10 lbs less than when I got pregnant with Laea

·         My blood pressure has been good.  Sugar was off in the beginning because I had a terrible cold, but it’s calmed down now.

·         Nausea hits throughout the day, and especially around 3 a.m.  I hate 3 a.m. 

·         I have no energy.  No, you don’t understand.  Absolutely no energy.  I try to remind S that my body still hadn’t fully recovered from having Laea, but he doesn’t seem concerned.  At least the doctor said everything will be healed by the time the baby is born.

·         Clothes don’t fit.  My waist has expanded, along with my hips and everything else, it seems, despite the fact I haven’t gained any weight.  Gotta love it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!