Sunday, October 27, 2013

Snugglebug's Fall Party

Here's one of the crafts I created for the kids:


The leaves say "fall."  S cut the boards, drilled holes & sanded them.  I cut twine and tied them to the holes.  Then, I got leaves from the dollar store and cut holes in them.  I made mini-sponge letters on popcicle sticks so kids wouldn't be quite so messy while painting.  Lastly, I had the kids glue pre-cut (by me) felt pieces, squiggly eyes, and pom-pom noses to create a scarecrow face, and then glued it on top of another leaf, made to look like a collar.

Above is candycorn gourd bowling.  Baskets and plastic gourds from the dollar store.  I cut & glued the candycorn to mark player positions.

Ring-Around the Scarecrow.  I added one more from last year. Scarecrows, rings, and pumpkins from the dollar store.  I cut a hole in the pumpkins and filled them with rice to make them sturdy.  Bought the real gourds at Meijer.

Gourd Bowling

Pin-the-nose-on-the-scarecrow.  I drew, colored, and glued this bad boy.  Snugglebug thought it was creepy, though, without a bottom half.  Oh, well!  The kids enjoyed it!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!