Thursday, February 16, 2012

Time, Time, Time

I just realized I haven't posted in a while.  I've had these perfect pictures in my head to match all that's been going on in my life, but the problem is I keep forgetting to take these pictures.  Thus, my words will have to do as record. 

First, Lovely finally lost her first tooth.  She was super excited and refused to take it out at home--she wanted to take it out at school so everyone could see and so she could bring it home in a little container.  This happened Feb. 2 and it was one of her bottom teeth.  You may say this is rather late for a seven yr old to lose her first tooth, but I recently found out I still have one of my baby teeth (Lovely cringed when I told her this and refused to believe me).  Let's just say my teeth were/are slow to leave, and I hope they stay that way! 

We also worked on a desert habitat for Lovely.  It turned out really cool, with background pics from AZ.  In addition, we celebrated 100 Days of School, so I volunteered to help do centers in Lovely's class.  Word to the wise:  when building towers out of 100 cups, use regular, drink-size cups instead of those little snack cups.  Just sayin'. 

Next, I visited Build-a-Bear with Snugglebug, and realized I couldn't ever work here.  We apparently entered Barney land unbeknownst to me.  "Rub your bears' hearts, boys and girls, so they're filled with love.  Now touch your muscles with them, boys and girls, so your bears are big and strong.  Now, touch your heads with them, boys and girls, so your bears and smart.  Now touch your legs with them, boys and girls, so your bears can run fast in your dreams, etc., etc., etc."  And each and every one of those kids are special, dontcha know.  Then, we had to listen to 22 choruses of "Stuff your bear (insert child's name), stuff your bear.  Stuff, stuff, stuff your bear (insert name again), stuff your bear."  However, it was a cute field trip and after the bake sale (which I helped out with and we raised $420 in 2 days!!!), the trip w/ the bear only cost $3/student.  Then, I made Snugglebug work to earn money for clothes.  She chose a bride outfit.  What am I going to do with her?! 

To top off everything, S has been sick.  Like, willing to go to the doctor sick.  He's NEVER like that.  So, he had strep and got a Z-pac, only to find he's one of those rare cases of people who has extreme stomach pain, etc. from taking it.  He finished the dosage, but he hasn't eaten or slept right in a few days now.  Let's see if I get him to the doctor ever again....

Hope your February has been all that and a bag of chips.  Yes, I just said "bag of chips."  What am I, getting old and corny?  Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!