Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chugging Along

I chugged along today, very slowly.  I didn't feel too well, so as S told me, just do one little thing at a time.  I finally finished washing the bassinet covering; it's yellowed a little bit in some places, but it's still adorable.  Then, I figured out how to put at least the top portion of the bassinet together--I seem to have lost the bottom portion!  So, as of now, it's a Moses basket. 

I've crossed off the major baby items I need, except for a car seat.  I think I've done well since it'll be 6.5 yrs since I've had a baby, but I figured I wouldn't get another shower, so I better take care of everything during yard sale/spring cleaning season! 

Lovely had her tonsils out last Thurs., and she is finally doing better, it seems.  She had to get sick to her stomach first this morning, but after that, she was talking more than I had heard her all week.  I think I recovered faster than she has, even though my surgery was as an adult.  Not sure why! 

I've been itching to go on a vacation, but since I know how many bills we have to pay, it's not going to happen, unfortunately.  It looks as if it will be at least 1.5 years between vacations since the girls' fall break falls right before my due date--a little late to go anywhere. 

I know this is so exciting to read, and I know the lack of pics makes it all the more, but it seems difficult just to get my thoughts in order these days.  I'm hoping typing some of them out will help me clear my head!  I am excited to finally receive the maternity clothes I ordered--turns out JC Penney and Sears no longer carry maternity clothes on this side of the river!  So, I ordered a top, a nightgown (both from Motherhood), and two jean skirts (from Style J).  Since that cost a fortune, I better not need any more clothes until after the baby is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!