Thursday, July 19, 2012

Louisville Nature Center and Accomplishments

The Louisville Nature Center, located next to the Louisville Zoo, was one of Snugglebug's last field trips of Kindergarten.  It's normally completely free, but I believe we were charged for some of the activities and gas for the bus.  Here is Snugglebug as I caught her grumping at the boy next to her, "YOU BROKE it!"  I was actually pleased that she was standing up for herself...



...And then she saw I was watching and put on her angel face.


The kids went around stamping animal prints to pieces of paper while examining fake and taxidermy animals. 

After lunch at the park...I couldn't get her down from the tree.
 
 


So I've been feeling quite inadequate lately after hearing about all the wonderful jobs/publishing opportunities others I went to grad school with are experiencing.  I often wonder, "Shouldn't I be making more time for this?  Why can't I find a job I'm happy with using my writing/editing skills?" 

And then I remember I have a job more important than anyone else.  I'm rearing two wonderful girls, with a baby on the way.  I'm providing the stability, the building blocks, of what their futures will become.  I'm instilling what's important in life, and what they can maybe go without.  I was most struck the other night when the girls were saying their prayers.  Snugglebug prayed that we would go to the fair soon.  After saying Amen, Lovely informed her that we don't NEED the fair--we can live without it.  

I read on a blog the other day that a certain mother only had nine summers left with her kids.  I have no idea how many summers/falls/winters/springs I have left with my kids, but I want to treasure them all.  Sure, I've felt overwhelmed and often depressed when the bills come due and I see no way of paying them with no end in sight.  I've wondered if I should break down and look harder for other work I can do.  But I don't want to miss out.  I don't want to miss the hugs and kisses I get when I pick my girls up from school.  I don't want to miss hearing them play in their room, discussing losing bunny powers from the Squishy Bunny Head, all because I'm either at work or too tired from work to hear.  Our house is tiny, bursting at the seams, and we need another vehicle for S to take the girls places once I have the baby, but all will be provided for.  And that's how I know my accomplishments aren't really inadequate--they're just dependent on God and what He provides for our needs.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!