Friday, April 5, 2013

And She Scores...


This is Snugglebug's latest math test.  Yes, the one recommended to the special ed teacher (although no one has told me directly yet except my sister who works for the school).  Snugglebug's teacher leaned over when I picked the girls up from school and said, "There's a math test in her backpack that you're going to be so pleased with!  I brought her up to the desk and told her how awesome she did!"  

Yes, she's awesome.  But I knew that.  I'm her mother =)  

S & I had some long talks with Snugglebug last night about trying her hardest, no more shoulder shrugging, and no more "I can't do it" or "I don't know."  I told her to give her best guess if she wasn't sure, but to at least try.  And under no circumstances was she to shrug her shoulders.  She informed me over dinner that she did give her best answers, even though they were wrong, but she didn't shrug her shoulders.  She said she was a "whole new Abby."  

I'm hoping class dynamics are different next year. She's in a class with 15 boys, only 6 girls (including herself), and most of the children have a few behavior issues, let's just say.  I believe other kids were getting away with saying, "I don't know" and shoulder shrugs, Snugglebug thought that would be easier than doing work, and so she joined in.  Honestly, wouldn't the smarter child do less work if s/he knew s/he could get away with it?  I'm not saying she's a genius, but she's certainly a smart cookie--she just likes to hide in the cookie jar =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!