Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Video MIA

Did I ever mention I'm technologically challenged?  I took a video of Laea yesterday, but for the life of me, I haven't figured out how to upload it so it will show up on here.  I'll have to ask my genius nephew and get back to you. 

Laea updates:  She now reaches for toys.  She slides the little toys back and forth on her baby swing.  She tries with all her might to sit-up (doing little baby crunches), and searches for your fingers to grasp and pull herself into a sitting position.  She's eating organic brown rice mixed with apple juice like a champ (I know; juice is a no-no, but it's just a dash), and she's doing pretty well with sweet potatoes (I baked two, blended the meat with water, and placed them in ice cube trays for later--super easy and much cheaper because sweet potatoes average $0.97 each, I believe).  She begins to cry when I walk down the hallway at my mom's because she knows she's going to take a nap, but she sticks her thumb in (yes, she's a huge thumb sucker), and lulls herself to sleep.  She averages 9 hrs of sleep at night, a nap two hours after waking up, and at least one nap in the afternoon.

I'm about to give up pumping and switch completely to formula because it's just not worth it to get less than a bottle after trying all day.  I'm going to use up my Fenugreek and then most likely quit, as nothing has helped me.   It's disappointing, but I have a happy, healthy baby whom I love dearly (and who is finally gaining weight), so I'm happy as well. 

In a completely unrelated matter, S has been teaching archery at the girls' school.  Honestly, I wish he could get a job doing something like that because he loves helping others with hunting, hiking, shooting, fishing, etc. and he sounded really happy when I overheard him teaching the kids.  It's kind of like me when I'm teaching writing =)  What do you do so that other people can hear the smile in your voice? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!