Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer Creations

If you have girls, you know how exasperating headbands can be at all times.  Constantly falling down, breaking, being stepped on (ouch!)...So, I decided to create a headband holder.  I saw one at a friend's house, but it stands, and we just don't have that kind of space.  Instead, I attached velcro to the back of the one below and velcroed it to the top bunk.  Ta da!

 
All I did was:
  • Measured the circumference of a headband
  • Sewed a tube of fabric, leaving a 1.5" opening for stuffing (I decided on velcro afterwards--I would have attached it at this stage had I realized).
  • Gathered the ends and stitched shut
  • Added ribbon for decoration (and it holds extra hair do-dads.


Next, I set out to sew a skirt for Lovely.  My sis-in-law is a master seamstress, so she brought her serger over (sp?), and although I set out to do more, I admit, she did most of the work.  At least I did a descent job of picking out material, cutting, and sewing the ends of each tier together!  Hopefully, we'll be working on Snugglebug's skirt soon.


After the master seamstress left, I felt inspired to create a hair barrett to surprise Lovely, so I gathered some fabric, did a few stitches, and glued it to a barrett. She was very excited!
 


Now, off to create a syllabus while Laeah takes a morning nap!  By the way, she now claps, sometimes says "yay!" and "hi," and is still her goober self :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!