Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Extremely Clumsy Emotional Train Wreck

Yes, that is me.  I've reached the stage where I fall, trip, and run into anything and everything, as well as drop anything that goes near my hands (with the exception of Laeah thus far, thankfully!).  I also get easily agitated and then cry over everything.  In other words, I'm likely not the most fun at the party right now :P 

I'm also moving as slowly as a turtle...or possibly slower.  I did move faster than a slug the other night.  I walked into our kitchen and suddenly felt something slimy between my toes...Ewww!  I screamed, and S said, "Awww.  Poor slug; I wouldn't want to be between your toes, either."  That actually made me laugh instead of cry, so I guess I'm not too bad yet.  I did bawl tonight when I realized S had jumped in the shower I was so looking forward to, and because we haven't replaced our hot water heater, I knew it would be another hour before I could take my shower, so then my hair would be wet for bed, and I have a head cold, and...I better stop before my eyes become misty! 

Speaking of kitchens, I tripped last night and almost fell over, but my knuckles caught our dining room chairs.  I had managed to keep swelling down this entire pregnancy, and so I was still able to wear my wedding rings...until last night.  I hit THAT finger.  And it immediately swelled and turned purple.  AND I think I jammed my arm some how because I can only raise it thiiiiiis much.  Oh, the fun! 

Now, as for the new baby.  We're still debating middle names.  In fact, it was only yesterday that I thought, "Man, I am so glad we named Laeah _______.  I REALLY love her name."  Yes, mind you, it only took a year.  So, who knows when I'll really love the next name.  I am a little more calm about not having a space for her.  I bought a used crib that was delivered yesterday, so I have that, although I don't have a place to set it up yet.  I'm really looking forward to having a bigger home one day in which I don't want to leave it. I may just become a hermit.  Eh, I'll save gas that way, right?

Speaking of gas.  We've been looking around at other vehicles because smart me bought the biggest car seats available (Ok, they had the best head/neck support, which won me over), and so the next seat for Laeah really doesn't fit in our 7 passenger car.  Go figure.  I would like a Suburban, but we'd have to get a pretty old one, and I'm afraid of the gas mileage.  Therefore, we've broken down and begun looking at minivans.  However, if I'm going to be stuck with a minivan, I want a nice one.  I've only approved of Honda Odysseys right now, but they're pretty pricey as well.  So, we'll see what the Lord has in store for us. 

In school news, I believe I'll request the teacher who doesn't require a lot from his students for Lovely, and supplement with my own math program at home.  I'm tired of dealing with their math worksheets that never make any sense anyway.  So, I'll give it 1-2 more years, and then we'll likely homeschool through middle school and high school.  Unless I'm moved to take the girls out of school sooner.  Whatever is His perfect will.

Now, I better get off to bed.  Laeah will be one year old on Tuesday, and although I'd love to have a party for her, I just don't know how to do it.  One grandparent is in the hospital, one is in a wheelchair and rarely leaves home, and one doesn't drive in the dark.  Cousins are all a minimum of 10 yrs old or older, and the only close friends I have with children her age live out of state.  Wow.  It really is good I'm having this next baby, or Laeah would have been all alone.  (sigh)  G'nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!