Saturday, November 23, 2013

Venting and Dumping and Just Being an Emotional Pregnant Woman

I'm sure no one wants to listen to my emotional rants (I'm talking to you, my 8 followers!), but I do need to just type right now...just type...so please excuse my less-than-upbeat report.

My last ob appt. showed an over-7 lb baby girl in my tummy, twisting and kicking and pushing and pulling.  Let's just say, she's pretty big and I can definitely tell.  My c-section date has been set for Dec. 12, so her birthday will be 12/12/13, kinda neat.  They of course scheduled me for "c-section teaching and a tour of the hospital" for Monday, which they always tell me includes blood work.  However, I'm on to them and I know they can't do the blood work more than 24 hrs in advance--that's what they told me last year.  I know where everything is, and they should have everything on file from last year, so i.e., I won't be attending.

In other goings on, I wrote/put together three skits and three poems for Lovely's Thanksgiving Day Luncheon.  Let's just say, I won't be doing that again.  I spent hours making them.  I spent lots of time driving to school and practicing.  However, all the promises her teacher made me were broken--I said I would make copies of all the skits for the kids to know when they spoke, but the teacher said she would do it so I wouldn't feel like I was doing everything.  I was going to have the kids make hats at home, but the teacher said she would do it in class with them.  I was going to have them wear bathrobes for one of the poems and put together a few simple props for them.  The teacher agreed.  None of this happened.  Then, part of my skit was changed because although water was not drunk very often on the Mayflower, we weren't allowed to tell what was, and then the last part of that person's lines was completely taken out, so the end of my skit made no sense.  Yay. I did get a thank you note the following day signed by all the students in my daughter's class, so that made me feel a bit better about all the help.  I think it's just extra difficult right now, feeling as I do with a belly out to yonder, so I'm extra sensitive about everything.

All of the above, added to my experience with Snugglebug's class (I had signed up for a job for her Thanksgiving Feast that another mother just took over without even acknowledging me, so I then opted to do nothing.  Absolutely nothing), has made me very irritated with school.  Along with their horrible math program, common core reading standards, interpersonal relationships of 3rd grade, and...well, let's just say I'm seriously investigating other options for next year.

Then, today I woke up and found S, along with our new vehicle, gone.  I had asked him last night what he was doing today and he told me he didn't know.  Guess he did.  Anyway, I had made plans for washing carseats, which I now can't do, and I haven't the slightest ambition or amount of energy to clean the house like it really needs.  If I was a stay-at-home wife/mother and didn't work as much as I do extra, then I would totally understand him getting away and not helping out today.  However, I do work outside the home and I do take care of all appts, homework, housework, bills, etc. and I just can't take it anymore. Maybe it's the hormones again.  I'm just tired and not sure what to do now.

Anyway, there are only 19 days to go.  Guess I should pack a hospital bag, if only I could find a bag in this mess of a house :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!