Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Little Things...Add Up Quickly!

Hello!  As of three minutes from now, there should be approximately 23 days left of this pregnancy!  Yipee!  It's not that I don't like being pregnant, it's that, well, I realllly don't like being pregnant!  You know how there are those joyful, can't-wait-for-my-belly-to-become-bigger, lovin' every minute of it kind of pregnant ladies?  (You know who you are!)  Well, I've never, never been one of those.  I was sick a lot with Lovely, but still was able to gain about 34 lbs.  Snugglebug was mean and painful the entire time in my stomach, and once again, I gained about 34 lbs.  Laeah was wonderful--until I developed gestational diabetes and anything bad I even looked at sent my sugar through.the.roof. Also, I could barely eat with her (just never felt I had room), so I only gained 15 lbs.  I also had several infections with her. This one...this one has been the kicker. She has been soooo painful (like Snugglebug), yet I'm practically never full--Seriously, I can have the thought, "Man, I am stuffed!" and two minutes later I feel a hunger pang in my stomach.  I've had a stuffy nose, headache, back-ache, cough for what seems like months now, and I have gestational diabetes.  Let's just say, my body is tired! 

In other news, Laeah stands by herself a lot lately.  She often will take one step...and then tumbles down to her bum.  I've told her she's on a schedule, and it seems she's trying to comply, but it's just not happening as quickly as I would like it to happen.  I know she'll be too heavy for me to lift after the baby comes, so I am worried about that. 

In even stranger news, I bit the bullet and bought two cloth diapers. What?  Yes, I did. I did because I keep seeing the receipts of the disposable pieces of "let's just let all her clothes get wet/stained because we can't handle two hours between changes" diapers.  So, we'll see if I can shell out more money once I try these to see how I like them.

In terrific news, we finally found a new (old) vehicle.  It was in a state away, so it was a nice, long drive, but it's just what we wanted/needed.  My current vehicle seats 7, but not 5 and 2 infant/baby seats.  Laeah is extremely small (still only 18 lbs), so she needs to remain backwards for a while yet, and my current car just can't accommodate.  We bought a Yukon XL that seats 7 but has captain's chairs, so it has an easy pass-through.  I named it Cornelius :D  It has a lot of miles, but they have to be all highway because the interior is in such good condition! 

Lastly, I went yard shopping today and printed a new Ravelry pattern for a baby blanket.  Only one of my students made a blanket for Laeah, so it's up to me to make one for this baby.  I've been missing crocheting, so I hope to have a bit more time to work on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!