Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Warmth of the Season

I have to admit, I've been cold. Very, very cold. Finally, I'm warm. Very, very warm. I will upload pics as soon as I can, but I don't have internet service where we are staying, so this is just a quick update.

I had no idea I missed Tucson this much. I feel...home. I am able to melt into the crowd here, unknown to most (since there are rather large crowds here), and take in the scenery, along with the simple pleasures of the Southwest: the metal desert animals scampering up adobe walls along the road, the purple mountains looming in the distance like old friends to welcome you home, the saguaros warming themselves in the sun without a care--similar to the way Snugglebug sleeps in her bed. I even appreciate the rectangular reflectors used to define the lanes on the road--something the snowplows of the Midwest would never allow. Will I really have to leave?

1 comment:

  1. soak up as much of that sun as you can. maybe it will keep you warm through the rest of winter when you return.

    hope you had a very merry christmas! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!