Saturday, July 23, 2011

Fancy Shmancy Hair Bows

Hello!  Welcome to my craftier side!  Instead of working on my class syllabi and lesson plans for this fall, I spent this afternoon letting my creativity (and ribbon) flow!  Tutorials will follow in subsequent blog entries!

I decided my girls need cute hair bows while they are still willing to wear them, so I picked up 10 rolls of ribbon, 1/2 off, from Hobby Lobby yesterday.  I had to stick with white, red, and black to match their school uniforms.  Here's an overview of my creations:


I've never made a headband before (that I can remember), so this took a little working and reworking.  Here is the bow that was sewn on top of the band: 

I let Lovely and Snugglebug each get a ribbon that best fits "them."  Guess which one picked the ladybug ;-)  These are attached to barrette clips.

These are attached to ponytail bands from the Dollar Tree.  Honestly, I don't know if I can repeat what I did here.  It took some finagling, but I think they turned out just wild enough in the end to be cute!
Last, we have some simple bows.  I couldn't believe I made these in less than 5 minutes each!



I have to say, making these reminded me that I'm still creative, and the more I create, the more ideas I get!  And, making these beat paying $4.95 for a scrunchy to match the uniform skirt!  I still have a ton of ribbon left, 3 flowers to use, and all of the clips, etc...and it all cost less than $40!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!