Friday, July 29, 2011

Thinking Ahead: Dragons





Lovely turns 7 in late October.  Because I didn't do anything for her birthday last year except sent chocolate pretzels to school for her classmates (which was actually pretty time consuming) and she's never had a "kid birthday," I promised her a birthday party this year.  Yes, I know it's only July, but if I've learned anything in the past few years, it's that time flies at warp speed these days. 

At first, she said she wanted a Pet Pals b-day party, but to me, that sounded more like her sister than her.  Lovely loves the outdoors, climbing, etc.  She wants to play outside when all other children say, "It's tooooo hot!"  She's the type of girl who looked through DQ cakes one day while we were waiting for our order and said she wanted an Indiana Jones cake.  So, I did some research and I said, "You can have Pet Pals...or what about dragons?"  Her response:  "Oooohhh!" 

Let me just say, there are some awesome dragon birthday ideas out there--I'm pretty excited and fearful of going overboard!  We're hoping to do something at a park, maybe, instead of home, so there will be plenty of area to run and play--weather permitting.  What are your thoughts on a dragon-slaying princess party? 

1 comment:

  1. Better bring an extinguisher with you for all that fiery breath! lol

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!