Sunday, July 10, 2011

Skipping Out

Yikes!  Sorry for skipping out on you all!  I didn't realize it has been that long since I've last posted.

I'm procrastinating right now, just a little more, before I begin working on my culminating project once again.  It's due August 1 to the actual readers, so I'm getting quite worried about it.  I have all sorts of crazy thoughts running through my mind right now, about how I need to finish, but how I might not really want to work anyway--but I think that's just a self-defense reaction due to my nervousness about teaching new students.  I'm always nervous when I start teaching a new class, but I love the feeling I get when I have a good session/class--when participation is high, I feel like I've driven points home, and I've actually contributed to the world by helping others and by being an example. 

Honestly, my CP is driving me nuts.  I haven't been able to sleep (I normally sleep like a rock), but I've been up every hour or so during the last week at night.  Not to mention the wombats doing cartwheels in my stomach--thud, thud, thud!  The problem is, as soon as this is over, I have to start planning the three classes I'm teaching this fall!  I want to get that out of the way as well because I'm a perfectionist.  I literally plan out every 10 minutes of class in a typed lesson-plan that is way more detailed than any others I've seen.  I know it will all be all right, I have faith, but I'm still feeling a bit rattled! 

Meanwhile, my house is a disaster, I feel like I need to go through/get rid of so much STUFF, and I would love to move to where I have no neighbors...but I must put all those thoughts on the back burner for now!

Ok, I'll be sane soon....maybe...meanwhile, enjoy your summer!  I've already begun buying school supplies and can't believe how fast time is flying!

2 comments:

  1. How the project going?...since writing this post that is. Get it over with and enjoy whats left of your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going pretty well. I met w/ my advisor yesterday, who told me my work is publishable, she just has a few small changes for me to make. She said she's already ready to sign-off on it, she just wants it to be the best it can be. Now, just pray the conversation w/ my committee readerss goes well!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!