Wednesday, June 29, 2011

***Summer Freebie Favs***



Each summer, I look forward to some freebies.  Here's what's happening so far:



I L-O-V-E Shakespeare in the park (though I don't have quite the same feeling for the mosquitoes).  It's free.  You can show up when you want.  You can donate the amount you choose.  Even if the acting isn't always top-notch, it's still a fun night under the stars with a cool outdoor amphitheater :)



The Bible.is app.  Love it!  There are many different versions of the Bible, all easy to find.  I play the KJV with drama for my girls when I put them to bed.  Each voice is different and sound effects, such as streams and nature other nature sounds, go along with the exact words of the Bible.  Lovely asks each night if I'll play it for them and asks that it be as close as possible to their bed so she can hear it better.




Summer Reading Club at the local libraries.  Free.  Inspires your kids to read.  Free drawings.  Free coupons.  (Ok, I love the coupons).  This summer, the prizes don't look quite as exciting, but they're still cool and my girls love the libraries!  I go to two different ones, actually, so they get plenty of reading done.  I was super excited to hear Lovely reading (w/ hardly any pauses!) to her sister in the car...sweet. 

So what are your favorite freebie?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. We're participating in the library reading as well. Bubby was reading to his sister the other night...so cute! And I must admit it makes a parent proud!

    Does a completely free bag of Ore- Ida's sweet potatoes count?! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!