Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Score! At Tickled Pink

I finally made the journey to Tickled Pink in Louisville yesterday.  Let me just say...I'm in love... 
Below are a few samples found in one of the many rooms of the store, which is basically an old house filled with goodies in the basement and on the 1st & 2nd floors.  I ran out of time to shop and didn't have a chance to look out in their loaded garage--drats!  I just drove past it as I was leaving and drooled...

Don't try to go to their website--you won't find one.  They have been in business for years and years, but they don't like to take pictures of their stuff because they claim 90% of it will be gone within a week.  Next on my list:  go to the owner's sister's store in Ireland, Indiana, 4 miles west of Jasper--where there is more furniture :D

They are priced to sell...and I was in a mood to buy (but not too much, of course)!


I'd invest in more glassware, if only I had a place to store it (sigh). 

 
This is what I actually bought:  a book for me, a book for the girls, a handy-dandy blue plastic case with brass latches, an embroidered handkerchief (to sop up the drool as I drove away), and a vintage apron (I LOVE vintage aprons--have I mentioned how much I love vintage aprons?)

I haven't decided what to do with the case yet, but I'm sure I'll find something since it was a whopping $0.94.  I'm thinking of decorating something with the "M"--or framing it somehow. 

I also bought Courier & Ives framing prints from 1961.  I just loved the color, and I figure I'll find something to do with them since I got all 12 months for $3.95. 



So, who wants to go shopping with me next week?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!