Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Monday Meal Planning...on Tuesday

The sweetness of summer....this mouth-watering bowl of fruit is about to be turned into a smoothie...


Here is my version of Gina's Baby Past Shells with Asparagus and Marinara: 



I used rotini shells because I wanted something fun and whole grain...the baby shells at Kroger were all white pasta.  I also added 1/3 lb. lean hamburger meat for the predator in my husband.  And...I'll admit, I didn't remember my grocery list, so I forgot the crushed tomatoes to make my own sauce, so I had to turn to Ragu...sorry :*-(
It still turned out very good and S had two huge helpings.  Additionally, I made garlic bread for a side.  I'll be putting this recipe in my "keeper" folder!




This week's meal plan (thanks, Allison, for the idea!):

Monday:  Chicken Parmigiana, without the crunchy coating but with Angel Hair Pasta, green beans  
Tuesday:  Pasta Marinara with Asparagus, garlic bread, fruit smoothie for dessert
Wednesday:  Venison Tacos, refried beans, Spanish Rice
Thursday:  Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp, rice, steamed veggies
Friday:  Most likely leftoevers.
Sat. & Sun:  We are usually bad and eat what's left in the fridge, grill, or eat out.  We'll see what this week holds! 

I'm currently working on a Meal Plan Planner.  I'm TERRIBLE at planning ahead (at least for food, that is), so I'm really looking for something that works.  I've adapted a worksheet from a couple different sources, adding my own spin on it, and so far, it's worked this week.  Except the part about forgetting it at home when I went to the grocery store--it also serves as my grocery list.  I'll put a downloadable copy on here as soon as I get it finished, or almost-finished-still-tweaking. 

So, what's your game plan this week?

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! We too had a spaghetti dish with angel hair, sweet Italian sausage and yes! I was fortunate to have the crushed tomatoes in my pantry. I love the texture of crushed tomatoes so I usually try to keep a few cans around.

    I also make a version of chicken parmesan...I use bread crumbs but then I bake it....it's a spinoff of Weight Watchers chicken fingers. Very yummy!....hmmm might need to put that on the menu soon! lol

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!