Friday, June 10, 2011

Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp & a Smoothie


Doesn't this look yummy?  From Gina's recipes, as usual.  I didn't have scallions, but I added chives.  It's flavor wasn't overwhelming, and it could have actually used a little more curry paste, I think.  To testify to the flavor:  S came home and said, "You know, you just have to be in a mood for some foods."  Well, I guilted him into eating it and before you know it, he said, "Wow.  I was more in the mood for shrimp than I thought."  Lovely had to be controlled because she wanted to keep eating it, but Snugglebug doesn't like shrimp. 

I made this over risotto, but I could have used regular white/long grain rice. 




After the Thai shrimp, I used the leftover coconut milk to make cherry-strawberry-banana smoothies.  Yumm! (and yes, that's a dash of RediWhip on the top!)

What have you been whipping up lately?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!