Monday, May 23, 2011

Charlestown Pizza Company and Weekend Project




I had been wanting to try the Charlestown Pizza Company for a few months now, but Hubs always said if he was having pizza, he was having it delivered (I know, interesting philosophy).  So, while he was away hiking one day, I took the girls to try it out...
The interior is pretty simple, but I watched seat after seat fill up.

I ordered the Thin Ten with ham...it was all right, but I really wasn't that impressed.  I also ordered garlic cheesy bread to share with the girls-- the crust was thick and cheesy, just as I like it, but I can't say it was remarkably better than other bread that I've had.  The girls shared a small pizza and the decision was split:  Lovely liked, Snugglebug didn't.

Prices were average, I believe the bill came out to be less than $20 for the three of us, but I'm used to spending much less than that on pizza for the gals and me.  So, average rating:  C (for Charlestown, of course!)

 
The above is our weekend accomplishment.  We have wanted a gazebo for years now, especially for our hum-drum yard.  Rural King (don't ask me to pronounce that--I sound like a preschooler: "roooraal") had one at a super low price, so we finally broke down and bought it.  The one that looks just like it at Sears is about $160 more.  It included the top & mosquito netting, so we were finally able to set our lawn furniture around to create a nice outdoor living space.  Still to do:
1.  Get an outdoor coffee table
2.  Place pots/planters around the gazebo on the outside
3.  Buy a nice candle for the inside
4.  String some outdoor lights on the ceiling
5.  Possibly paint small murals on the inside corners of the gazebo frame (Hubs said, "You aren't going to paint some funky mural on this, are you?" Which I, of course, took as, "Why don't you paint a cool mural on this.")

Hubs still plans on tilling the garden and planting a simple garden, with my herbs, tomatoes, a few peppers, and some zucchini.  I hate for my garden to go to waste, so I'm all for it.

Also this weekend, I stopped at a neighborhood yard sale, where I finally found some books.  Of course, I'm a sucker for books, but I've only been finding actual books worth reading at teacher's houses--which is really sad to think about.  I also bought a sheer white curtain panel to try a sewing a skirt Snugglebug fell in love with.

What projects have you been working on?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!