Thursday, May 5, 2011

And I Have Returned

Hello, hello!  I know--it's been a while!  I am ecstatic to report that I have finished all of the classes for my Master's of English, and I only have my culminating project to complete this summer.  (Is it wrong to admit I had this sudden urge to say, "Forget the project!" and just give up?--Weird, I know!) 

Anyway, I spent yesterday cleaning.  And cleaning.  Lesson learned for this week:  don't let an entire semester go by without cleaning your daughters' room.  I never actually got around to dusting; I just spent three hours digging out toys, trash, and dirty laundry.  I now know my children are the actual Sock Monsters. 

To start the first blog of freedom, I'm going to post my meal plans for the week (well, probably next week, but I'm going to the grocery store today):

(look how daring I am--never had Thai food before!)

Of course, this is only if the store has the right ingredients.  I don't have time to make it over to Whole Foods today, but I plan on going next week.  I think it's been 4-5 months since I was able to walk leasurely through the store and sample delectible bites...mmmm

Other plans for this Derby week/end: 
  • Clean my house while Lovely has a friend over to play today
  • Finish a "fact-checking" side job (on a manuscript for publication)
  • Attend a Mother's Day tea at Lovely's school, where we are to dress "fancy" and be introduced to the rest of the class.
  • Hit up the Knit Nook for their inventory blowout sale
  • Possibly go to an end-of-the semester party at a co-worker's (although I usually leave really early, so we're only talking 1-2 hours)
  • Visit the mothers for Mother's Day.  Hope my girls remember I'm a mother, too.
What are your plans?
If I don't write again soon, Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!