Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crochet Monkey Hat

I was invited to a baby shower and so I thought I'd put one of my major accomplishments of the semester to use:  crocheting!  I noticed on the gift registry that there were a lot of "monkey" items, so I thought this pattern from Tara's blog would work well.  I was amazed that I remembered any of the stitches I learned this past winter from Allison, but it wasn't long before it was all coming back to me!  It's not as perfect as I would like, but I think it's pretty cute: 

Below, it looks a little like a sheep.  That's all right...the baby can by a transanimal ;-) 

And here is where Hubs designed the perfect monkey hat model:



I did alter the pattern slightly by using acrylic yarn for the edging (it felt softer) and I somehow turned the pattern halfway through, so there is more of a pattern to the basic hat than just the same stitch again and again.  Stitches learned:  hdc2tog.  Stitches relearned:  hdc, dc, sl, sc (pitiful, eh?).  I also varied the pattern by using the CC for the edging on the ears (the pics on the pattern reflected this idea, but it wasn't actually in the pattern).  Oh, did I mention it took me one day to complete this hat? Lightening Fingers!! 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! and Yes, you're right! Monkeys is her theme for the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are still crocheting. Isn't is so fun to learn new stitches? This hat is really cute, and I bet your friend loved it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!