Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kaboom!

Today was Field Trip Day.  I had reserved seats to see Doctor Kaboom! back when I still had plans of homeschooling, but since Snugglebug is only in Pre-K two days a week, I still had an excuse to go...

I say an excuse because I became enamored with Doctor Kaboom! during a Renaissance Festival a couple years ago.  Then, I found out he was coming to IUS....FREE! So, I of course reserved seats for myself and my nephews (who were at the time homeschooling).  Sure enough, he came back again this year, so I booked seats for myself, Snugglebug, and my best buddy & her kids...Thus, I have proved his theory that videos of him would discourage people from actually coming to his show--I've seen him three times, and I'm still willing to go back!


Here is Doctor Kaboom! testing his theory that catapults were not originally weapons of war...they were built to feed the masses of people cheaply :)


Here he is demonstrating the air cannon...pretty cool for a garbage can and a shower curtain!


Knocking a cup off of the little girl's head...with the air cannon.

This next picture seems kind of random, but I'm trying to play catch-up since my computer arrived this morning...


These were my purchases at Zappo's outlet store--my new favorite shoe store.  Actually, I put the blue ones, the black flats, and the brown heels back...reluctantly...very, very reluctantly.  I then purchased two prs for each of the girls and my receipts said I saved over $393!  --That makes what I did spend a LITTLE more reasonable! 



Here's what I'm reading this week.  I found out my culminating project prospectus is due June 3, so I'm hoping to get this finished quickly...even though it is wonderful to read slowly!  I loved the enchanting movie and the play, but this is the first time I've read the book.  Just look at that cover!  So warm and inviting--even with a toad in hand!

So what are you reading this week? 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!