Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2 Month Check Up/Check In

This pic is from Sunday, the day before Littlebit turned 9 wks old.  Snugglebug was doing a project for school where they bring their class mascot home and do all kinds of fun things with it, and then document it for the rest of the class to read.  We decided to let Littlebit dress like Sweetie Pie (the zebra), so Sweetie Pie wouldn't feel out of place :)

Littlebit had her 2 mos check-up today.  She gained a whopping 2 lbs in one month, bringing her up to 11.5 lbs.  She's also 23.5 inches "long."  She screamed her heart out when they jabbed her with 4 immunization needles.  I know several people who don't immunize, and I can see why, but I also remember my grandfather limping since childhood because of his bout with polio.  Therefore, I prayed and felt it best to get my children vaccinated. 

Littlebit has been smiling up a storm and she's spoiled rotten.  She eats, smiles for 5-10 mins, and then screams because she doesn't like to entertain herself.  You know--one of those "walk me around until you fall over or I close my eyes in slumber" babies.  The doctor said I need to put a stop to that--we'll see.  Littlebit also laughs lately, what I refer to as a "hairball" laugh.  She sounds like she's coughing up a hairball each time she laughs.  Considering I was decided I couldn't date someone based on his laugh (ok, it was a little more involved than that), I hope hers improves! 

Let's see, what else should I remember in case I have any more children:  she eats every 2-3 hours.  She still wakes up at night (every 4-5 hrs) and "thinks" she needs to eat, according to her pediatrician.  We are to put a stop to that as well (gulp).  She gave me the cutest look yesterday when I left her at my mom's house while I taught--she woke up, saw me, and jumped like, "Hey!  Where'd you come from?!"  She talks a little big, cooing at me--and the sofa.  She gets mad if the sofa doesn't respond.  I would get worried if the sofa did respond. 

I read The Velveteen Rabbit to the girls the other day because I bought one of the Kohl's Cares books for LB for Christmas.  She stayed calm through most of the story.  I almost cried.  Seriously.  I almost cried while reading the book because the rabbit wanted to be Real.  I wondered why this made me cry, and then I thought, maybe it's because of the Love (God's) we want so badly to make us feel Real. 

So, what books have made you cry lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!