Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Drizzling Day

Today it drizzled. Perhaps it rained more than that, but I was content and warm in my house, my mother's, and my in-law's homes, so it didn't really matter. 

I can't believe my new baby is three months old tomorrow.  Time has passed so quickly.  She gives the most beautiful, flirtatious smiles, and she adores one of my teenage nephews, yet I'm not sure how she senses who to like and who to tolerate.  I laugh every time I hear her mutter her oldest sister's first name--I know it's not purposely done, but it sounds just like Lovely's name when my baby is disgruntled and crying with her fist in her mouth.  I've caught her sucking on her fingers and fist on more than one occasion, and for some reason, she's been fighting sleep a lot lately.  She wears 3 mos size clothing, although the sleeves are still a bit long on her.  Her dark blue eyes are outlined by long, thick black eyelashes--something I doubt will change considering her sisters still have the same color eyes and lashes that they were born with. 

Not to jump to the next subject, I've decided I need to minimalize.  So, after I clean my house tomorrow, I want to look room by room and remove everything that is useless to me.  I've always felt I needed to hold on to things, just in case.  I admit, there have been times when I have left something go and five years later remembered it and wished I still had it, but the clutter right now just depresses me.  I have no idea if/when we'll be able to upsize our home, and although it's tough, I'd rather remain where we are so long as I don't have to work more and be away from my baby.  Speaking of...I hear her calling...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!