Sunday, February 28, 2010

La Comida Mexicana y Wii Activa


Yes, I know I'm missing my accent marks and my Spanish is a little rusty, but we ate at our usual Mexican haunt today, so I felt inspired! Pretty sad when the waitress knows what to bring you before you even sit down! However, I surprised her (you should have seen her eyes widen in amazement and her mouth formed a perfect "O") by ordering something a little different. Instead of the usual cheese enchiladas (the same thing I've been ordering at Mexican restaurants since I was in my mother's womb), I ordered taquitas mexicanas--chicken, that is--with rice and beans. I know, it's still not that great, but it was much better than all that cheese!


For dinner, my husband felt inspired to grill steaks (mmmmmm), but Mother Hubbard's (sp?) kitchen is bare, so I just made corn and low fat mac 'n cheese as sides. After I cleaned up, I lounged...And that's when inspiration hit! I finally borrowed my mom's Wii Active game today (I say game in the loosest sense possible) and started the 30 Day Challenge...again. But it was different this time! This time, I enjoyed it! I had to do running (which I hate!), but I also did lunges, arm lifts, squats, in-line skating, and best of all....boxing! And this time it had me kick boxing! I was in heaven! Ok, not heaven because I don't intend on sweating in heaven, but you know my love for boxing! I was sweating throughout the workout, I burned 158.8 calories, and I exercised for 22.something minutes. It also gave me a black & gray calendar detailing when I have to exercise and when my days of rest are--my dream! That is so what I need!


Honestly, I feel like getting up early this morning and getting to church helped revive me spiritually, which led to energy for my body as well. Stress has lessened because of faith, and so I actually feel like I can accomplish something this week! I did decide my goals were too lofty from last week, though, so I'm only making one goal: Drink more water. Pretty easy, eh? Not so much since I live in the town of brown water, but I'll try to remember to buy some more water at the store. I drink from the tap sometimes when it's clean, but I still remember the last water report that said there is a trace amount of arsenic in the water, but cost of removal outweighs unknown health risks...isn't that reassuring? Thus, I pray over my food, and I must pray over my water!


Signing off now...keep up your hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!