Monday, March 1, 2010

How Do They Do That??

Ever met someone like this? Ever been friends with someone like this? If that's not frustrating enough, I'm married to someone like this! Grrr...the other day he was complaining about gaining too much weight. Next thing I know, I look at him this morning and ask, "Honey, did you lose weight? You look thinner." His response: "Oh, ya. I went hiking yesterday....it was pretty mean. I lost eight pounds." And then he continues to fry umpteen strips of bacon for his breakfast.

Don't get me wrong; I'm happy he is so blessed. But talk about making it hard on a woman! I was happy because I got up, tutored, then exercised for 30 mins., doing the Wii Active and burning 201 calories. Then, I see him. Oh, well--I'll just keep at it!

Oh, and please forgive me for my first attempt at drawing a cartoon. I couldn't find one suitable without mean copyright restrictions....maybe they'll get better over time!

3 comments:

  1. Although I am may be small to some, for my height I am overweight, and I feel it. My feet get swollen, and I've been approached before and asked how far along I am. For the most part I am a healthy eater, and when I run on the thread mill for 30 mins and do this continualy for months and gain weight instead of lose, I want to give up so bad. My hubby on the other hand, eats lunch out everyday at work, has dessert in bed few times a week, and rarely excersizes, sheds weights...how is that possible?

    Stay encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just not right!!! lol Surely he must have been retaining water...right?! All I have to do is look at bacon any my gut grows an inch! grrr My husband too can do this type of thing when he wants to.

    I know you can do it for yourself! I have never seen you more determined to changing your ways! Proud of you for exercising and sticking with it...even if you do miss a day or two...we all do that! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all of the support and encouragment! Connecting weightloss/exercise/bettering oneself with writing is playing a huge role in my determination...why didn't I think of this before?

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!