Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day of Rest

So yesterday was a day of rest, and boy! did I need it! According to the 30 Day Challenge, I exercise for two days, then I take off one day. For some reason, I felt awful yesterday: tired, sore throat, and pounding headache. However, I went to bed early last night and I woke up feeling SO much better today! I'll be exercising tonight (I had errands to run and tutoring to do today, along with homeschool--day 136 YAY!). I didn't eat that wonderfully today, but I've rejected Coke/Rootbeer for the day, I ate mashed potatoes without gravy...that kind of thing.

I had to go to my graduate class yesterday afternoon, which posed the question: can blogs be considered creative non-fiction? At first, I had no response, due to the lack of brain synapses occurring in my haggard health state, but I continued to think on it as my fellow students rejected even reading blogs (I know they all secretly blog under the guise of anonymity). I consider my blogs to be creative non-fiction; I think about what I write, I'm trying to make order out of chaos, and I reflect on what it all means. I try to provide some type of construction to my thoughts, despite any real evidence of resolution. Therefore, I'm writing almost every day, which is the nonsense famous writers tell aspiring writers to do, even though they themselves don't follow it. Maybe this will build the better writer in me. Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. Are you still resting? ;)

    Why couldn't blogging be considered creative non-fiction? I think you're creative! =) Am I earning brownie points yet? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I just thought it was funny that most of my fellow classmates denied knowing anything about blogs! What a release they are! And yes, if done with a certain intent, I think they classify as CNF. Marie78 = 2 brownie pts.

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!