Saturday, March 27, 2010

Confused & Burdened

Ok, so this is my venting post. I'm not to let a negative thought roost in my mind, so no matter how often the "negativity woodpecker" pecks, I'm going to turn him away. I just need to figure out my thoughts right now!

I honestly feel a need to help others whenever I can, but after I do, I feel....forgotten, or that people don't feel I've done enough. After last night, I felt completely forgotten--all the hard work, all the stress that I volunteered to handle, was so easily forgotten. I know I help so I can help the kids, so I try to conjure up their smiling faces in my mind and realize that people have so many things going on in their minds that other things get forgotten. And it's not that I'm mad; I just feel a little hurt. I hope everyone knows that can ask me for help anytime they need it.

I feel I need to do a lot of praying because although someone spoke exactly what was on my heart last night, exactly how I feel, I still feel that it went unheard by some other outspoken people. I feel we need to pray, wait, and say, "We need you to help us...we can't go it alone. Just as Moses went on the mountain and people neglected to do the right thing while he was gone--we need Moses to lead us." I know my husband can handle my own family, but we still need help.

After I left a meeting last night, I also ended up wondering if I give off vibes of being "anti-social" or if I just don't know how to respond to other people, or what the deal was. I found that while my husband had people to talk to, I was wandering around alone and ready to go. I did talk a few minutes with some sweet sisters, but I seriously begin to wonder what is wrong with me. I love everyone, no matter our differences, so I hope people realize this. Maybe I just have that "struggling soul" that so many writers have, but I don't know....Wow, this is getting really depressing, but I honestly am burdened. I just have to lay my burdens down at His feet :)

3 comments:

  1. I wanted to share a little something with you. When I joined ISA few yrs ago, you were on the board. I remember sitting in the meetings and looking at you with admiration. You took on so many different responsibilities despite your already busy schedule. I knew you worked, home schooled your girls, and went to school, and STILL did A LOT for the group. I would sit there and think, WOW, she's amazing! Every time I go on the homepage I think of you! It could be that some have forgotten but I haven't, and neither has the Lord!

    Thank you for the time and efforts you gave our children, and continue to give. I pray the Lord will richly bless your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I appreciate your words so much! And although I didn't have kids participate in the baseball games you put together, I was still impressed that you took the time and effort to provide that for the kids! I see your giving heart and you are a great example to others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is my second attempt at a post here! lol Tried earlier and it wouldn't go through. As I was saying...

    I haven't forgotten your sacrifices either for our children. I've heard on several occasions in the past, praises about the work done on the website. When speaking about lack of volunteers, I believe their looking for some of the others to step forward to give some of us a little more of a break. Many hands make light work! =D But no matter what, the Lord has seen everything you have given and will give for his children. Those unselfish sacrifices will truly be rewarded!

    I will pray for the Lord to lighten your heavy heart and give you comfort. Pray for me too! We all might stumble a couple of times, but we will make it through!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!