Sunday, March 14, 2010

Scheduling My "To-Do" List


Ahhhh, the infamous To-Do List, how you haunt me so! I just worked on my weekly schedule, hoping to see where I have free time. According to the schedule, there are quite a few openings this week. Too bad reality does not reflect this! I'm on spring break this week, so at least I don't have to go to class, but because we are off the following week as well due to my instructor cancelling class, I have a huge amount of reading to get done, along with writing a book review on a book about writing creative non-fiction--oh the joy! I have seriously lost interest in school at this point, and I just don't feel its benefits, so I'm leaning toward taking the summer off and seeing if any interest creeps back by next fall. As of now, I have my doubts. I had planned on getting my MA in English so I would be able to teach. Unfortunately, I've learned how unresponsive students can be to writing, not to mention reading, and how unbelievably mean they can be at times. Don't get me wrong--I've had lots of students who have told me how much they loved having me as a teacher, and I was brought to tears by one student who claims I was her favorite, most inspirational teacher. However, when you have a class of 40-some students, a month to teach composition in four-hour blocks of time two days a week and meeting online one day a week, you just get burnt out. I loved teaching and helping those who loved to learn, but once class size became so overwhelming that I dreaded reading their papers, I knew I wasn't giving it my best, and I firmly believe you shouldn't do anything unless you are going to do your best.


I digress.


This week, we'll be on starting on day 143 for DD1's school, so I'm excited to almost be finished. I'm even more excited for the upcoming homeschool convention so I can browse the other curricula available, and learn at workshops and sessions of which I'm actually interested in the subject matter. I plan on revamping my daughter's schooling so we can both be enthused more often than not about learning.


As for weight loss, I have avoided the scales the past few days. No, I haven't eaten perfectly, but I've tried to watch it more than not. I've planned out WW meals for this week, and I'm still following the exercise schedule, along with improvised walks when I can do so. I'm also going to turn into a mad cleaning fiend this week--I'm tired of the mess! It would help so much to have more space so everything could have a place! Wish me luck....no, just pray for me :)

3 comments:

  1. I forgot to mention the comment under the above pic read, "Your new diet really doesn't work."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most times its our mind set that helps set a pace. Stay positive and you'll be successful. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Jennifer! Go Jennifer! I know you can do it! =)

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!