Monday, March 29, 2010

30 Day Challenge...Check!

I finished the 30 Day Challenge on the Wii Active last night! Yeah! Did I lose a single pound? Of course not! But did I gain a single pound? I hope not! (I haven't had the nerve to check since we ate out yesterday.) S made breakfast yesterday afternoon, which is certainly not the healthiest for me. I need to just say no, but then I'm afraid of hurting feelings....sigh. We ate Mexican for dinner, but I had 1.5 bean burritos (the serving came with 2 burritos), so I at least avoided the cheese enchiladas I normally consume. My youngest daughter robbed me of 1/2 of one, but I was thankful.

I checked out the WW site last night, but after checking meeting times and costs, it just won't work for me. Yes, you got it--I'm too cheap to pay $10/week and I like sleeping in on the ONE day per week I get to sleep in--Saturday. So, I'm back at trying to figure this weight thing out myself. Maybe if I had to post my weight on here for everyone to see? hahahahahaha Yeaaaa right! That's not going to happen!

On the school front, I believe I have decided to forgo school this summer, sign up for classes this fall, and see if I have money for them by then. That way, we can work on our house and I can concentrate on the things in life I really love and enjoy, instead of what some teacher believes I need to learn for my own good. Wow, I think I'm growing up!

3 comments:

  1. Aww....Mommy WOW! I'm a big girl now! lol just kidding.

    Good for you finishing the 30 day challenge! When it comes to breakfast get in there with him (great bonding moment) and find ways to cut down the point count. Let him do his cooking (but tell him in advance that you'll probably eat small portions for calorie purposes) and then find something to eat with it to fill you up. Just a thought. Is he cooking eggs? Ask him to make you one egg poached or cooked without butter.

    I too am too cheap to go to meetings. Frankly, I would rather get together with friends and maybe work out, we could share recipes, share our journals to help each other find weak points...even if we can't do it every week, we could still get together every so often. Maybe even Jo might be interested. Create our own (FREE!) support group. We could each weigh in (not sharing the number of course!).

    Keep up the good workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I didn't think about actually meeting just to discuss this weight issue we so struggle with! And all it would cost is gas! Ha! We could make a commitment to meet 2 times a month, at a scheduled time, to discuss strengths/weaknesses, etc., and go from there. Once I'm not in school anymore, I will be more available to workout as well. Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey are you journaling your food/point intake? I've hard countless times that this is MAJOR! Especially if you're struggling. Plus are you counting out the points of food before you them or just after you consume?

    Jo mentioned that she was talking to someone at church who had lost a lot on WW, but has gained back 15 because she was guessing at points for dinner (and maybe other meals too- not sure) instead of actually measuring and calculating. That's scary since I know I've been guilty of that in the past. No I can see why I don't seem to get very far. Whether you count points or just calories, you simply have to count! GRRRRR! Why do I have to be fat?!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!