Monday, March 22, 2010

Start of the Week

I've been up since 6:50 this morning, but I'm actually lasting pretty well! I got up, tutored for an hour, got ready for my temp job answering phones, dropped off the girls, dropped off our tax stuff at the accountant's, and when I go home, I plan on working out. I brought my lunch so I wouldn't spend money or be tempted by calories, so at least I can't snack today! My eyelids are a little heavy, but I've completed almost all the reading I needed to get finished today, I wrote an article for The Examiner --make sure to visit-- and I'm about to see if I can find some WW meals to make this week, so I can plan a grocery list.

Speaking of planning, although I've been a major planner most of my life, it wasn't until the past few years that I read about planning meals for the week. I don't mean to speak ill of anyone, but I wasn't taught to meal plan growing up--I don't remember my mother doing it. Maybe it's just my memory? Anyway, I've been trying to keep up with it, but I keep failing at the task. Any secrets out there for easy meal plans? It doesn't help that I'm such a picky eater, of course.

4 comments:

  1. I love using Womans Day Magazine month of menu's. It comes with a months worth of meals, along with the shopping list. What I love most about it is, it includes leftover days and meatless days too!

    Here's the link, hope you find it useful.

    http://www.womansday.com/Articles/Food/Month-of-Menus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I will definitely look at the link--I need all the help I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do meal planning to an extent. When I'm preparing for a grocery store trip, I come up with some ideas of meals- sometimes I get inspired just by looking through some of my cookbooks. Then thinking about the ingredients I will need for them I go through my pantry and frig to check what I already have- then I make my list. Write out these meals and post on the frig. Each day pick a dish you want to make....keep in mind certain dishes you make might be rolled over into the next night. When I'm trying to be extra penny pinching I'll look in my cabinets first to see what items I have on hand and then I pick meals based on using as many of these items as possible making my ingredient list a lot smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I've been doing something similar to that for a while, Angela, but it just doesn't seem to work very well for me. Although, I spent yesterday afternoon picking meals off the internet and making a grocery list. OK, not an entire afternoon, but a good hour.

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!