Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Delicious Manicotti!

Last night, I tried the Homemade Manicotti recipe from Gina's WW site. All I can say is YUM! I know I ate more than I was supposed to, but I couldn't resist! I didn't used to be a manicotti fan, especially when I tried making it from home, but this was extremely good and I'm anxious about trying my left overs (for fear of ruining them by reheating too much/too little).

I made the crespelles (what the mixture is wrapped in) from scratch, which is a little tricky, but so worth it! They are extremely thin (each only calls for 2 T of batter, but I used 3 since I kept tearing them :P) and they only cook for a total of 40 seconds each. I also changed the recipe by using whole wheat flour and fresh chopped spinach. I'm sure I used a little too much sauce, but I didn't want to waste the jar!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. 8O That looks fantastic! You've been on a roll lately! What about your frozen meals. Have you used them up yet? Will you be making them again?

    Did you decide about the chairs? You can take these if you want too. I was just thinking at the time since there were all the same size them we could get hers and everyone could have a chair. I actually tried Matthew in it and it fits him just right. His foot lays flat on the ground....kind of wondering if they would be big on the girls after all. I measured from the ground to the top of the seat....

    I've thought about changing his desk several times, but can't seem decide what to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used up most of the frozen meals, but I plan on doing it again at the beginning of August so I have some food for the coming fall.

    I told E. I would take her chairs since it didn't sound like you really wanted to part with yours. Now, I just need to arrange pick-up since she's over in L-ville.

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!