Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shrimp Quesadillas with Tomato Avocado Salsa

Well, I tried to break out of the box and try something different for the fam...but this was not a hit.  I liked them all right (minus the tomatoes), but Hubby didn't enjoy them, Lovely refused to eat them, and although Snugglebug said they were tasty, she didn't finish her's, either.  So, I won't be making these again.  Sorry, Gina, this skinny WW recipe just didn't float our boats! 

So, I'll admit what all I've eaten today since I need to write down somewhere what I have consumed:

Bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios w/ 2% milk (I don't drink most of the milk--it's just there to wet the Cheerios)
Broiled white fish sandwich on wheat, salad with ranch (I dip my fork in the dressing, so I probably eat 2-3 tsp. of it), and about 3 of the little chips that come on the plate at Sam's (the restuarant)
3/4 Shrimp Ques., ~1/2 C lowfat beans, ~1/2 C Spanish rice

Downfall:  I drank Coke.  And Mello Yello.  Grrr...why can't I give that sugary stuff up?!  I could just kick myself! 

3 comments:

  1. HUmmm I think they sound great. I'll have to look it up and try them. My 2 fav's shrimp and avacado. I'm so thankful I don't have a probplem with soft drinks. I enjoy a good swig of coke don't get me wrong. But that is all I need is a swig. Sweet tea is my drug of choice, but I don't even like it all that sweet so I don't feel so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought they sounded good too! Coke and Mello Yellow??!! 8O You must be in a sugar rush! lol Would it help you to sit down and figure just how many calories you're consuming? Sometimes it helps to see the whole picture....and sometimes it doesn't! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I hate math! I've tried figuring out calories...I must be off, because it never works right!

    Yes, I love shrimp and I'm OK with avocado (I'm great with guacamole!), so I thought it would be a bigger hit than it was....oh well!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!