Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Turkey & Black Bean Enchiladas

So this isn't the most attractive food photo I've ever seen, but it is deceptive! Remember how I said I love Gina's Skinny WW Recipes? This is one of them. Those who have known me for years may seriously wonder how or why I, of all people, would try this dish, but I did, and I don't regret it! I used whole wheat tortillas, black beans, extra lean ground turkey, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, cilantro, chopped onion, minced garlic, cumin, chili powder, and Weight Watcher's Mexican style cheese, just to name some of the ingredients. I also made the sauce from scratch--something I've never tried before!

Other than being a tad spicy, I really enjoyed these! If I remember right, they are 8.5 pts per enchilada, and I only had one, with some lowfat beans. (I was trying to make up for the meal disaster I had earlier at Rafferty's!) Hubby really liked them as well, and Lovely at half of one, while Snugglebug picked at her's, but what can you expect? I only started eating like this once I passed age 25...no, wait, I'm still 25, aren't I? If I am, this has been the longest year of my life!

Happy eating!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. THey look yummy to me! I love enchiladas and haven't had them in ages...hmm...just might have to put these on the menu soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oHhHh YUMMY! I need this recipe please!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can find the recipe at http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/04/turkey-and-black-bean-enchiladas.html

    The pictures are a lot better there, too! It's my all-time fav site for recipes!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!