Sunday, September 12, 2010

Firsts

The Goofball of Lovliness

This was Lovely's first day of Kindergarten at her new school. I still remember the first-day- of-school pics my mom took of me as a child. For some reason, they are comforting to me, even now, at my ripe ol' age.


Lovely is still loving school and keeps making more and more friends. For the most part, it seems like it's a positive influence. The timid, shy child has blossomed into an enthusiastic girl of natural curiosity. She laughs, she giggles, and yes, she still cries--she's still a girl, after all!


The Laughter of Snugglebug
This was Snugglebug's first day of Pre-K.  She LOVED it.  She said she made two friends and she's happy her classroom has a hamster and two fish, both in "cages" as she put it.  She was very annoyed they didn't get to play on the computers there, but she was more annoyed she didn't get to go back the next morning (her school is only two days per week).  Oh, and if you noticed that stain on her shirt, it's because she spilled milk on it and I had to wipe it off.  Also, the apple has her name on it, but I removed the name for the purpose of this blog.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. awww...looks like they are quite happy with their new school situation. Glad that it is all working out of you and them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog title!

    How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm really pleased with how I've changed my blog as well. I'm doing great--tired, but great! I have so many papers to write, but so far, I really enjoy helping other students at the writing center. I also have time to read to the girls just for fun, without worrying, "Am I getting it all in?!" lol They both compare their schools, but so far, it's just been good things...I'll just keep praying for great days ahead!

    How are you doing? How's school with Pretty going?

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!