Sunday, September 5, 2010

Still Alive...Are You?

With as busy as my life has been, I still manage to sneak a peak at blogs in hopes of updates.  Boy, have I been disappointed of late!  That's all right...now, I don't feel so bad for not updating as much as I should.

School is still going well, and Lovely has finally learned the names of two of her friends.  She learned all of her sight words for last week and said them to me so quickly, I about fainted!  I did find out the teacher read the dreaded Junie B. Jones to the children last week.  Was I wrong for telling Lovely not to listen to her?  lol  I told her she may listen, but please know we do NOT speak in such a manner.  Grammar/vocab is severely lacking in those stories.

Pre-K begins this week for Snugglebug and I'll be  honest...I almost wept as I looked through her papers.  I can't believe my baby is so big already. 

I am in the midst of an archival project on which I must present Tuesday.  Ugh.  If I had more time, and if I didn't have to go first, I wouldn't be so nervous.  But I don't, I do, and I am.  I'm actually quite interested in my topic, despite its creepiness to the average person.  I'm looking at the rhetoric of photographs taken post-mortem when people used to pose the dead as if they were still alive. I'm reading several old letters right now, including ones from L.M. Montgomery (author of Anne of Avonlea & Emily of New Moon).  Boy, was she confused.  She honestly believed God was libeled by stating there was a hell in which people went after death, because no one chooses to sin, and once they realize they are sinning, they turn from it, except in the case of bad habits.  In such a case, bad habits end with the physical body and therefore the soul can have a "second-chance."  Hmmm....

I guess I'll leave you with those thoughts and get back to my reading...and more reading...and more reading...

4 comments:

  1. I'm alive:) Keeping thoughts inside lately. ;) Been praying for you. I'm glad you were willing to branch out of what you think is ideal and make life work based on what you felt lead to do.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I'm here...actually read this post the other day....just didn't comment till now. Been so busy and I think about posting, but when I have a moment to post I just don't feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I just noticed you changed the title....are you no longer building a "new you" and just charting the progress of the old one!? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm deciding on what I want to do with the site. I don't have sufficient time to talking about my eating/exercise habits, so instead, I was just thinking about the progression of life in my house...we'll see..

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!