Sunday, September 26, 2010

Procrastination

Pro-cras-ti-na-tion:  Putting off what you know needs to be done in order to do something often deemed wasteful but momentarily emotionally gratifying. 

Yep, I'm a procrastinator.  I used to be one of those students who did her work way ahead of time just to make sure it got done in time for me to check it over and over again.  Then, I grew up. 

I have a paper due tomorrow.  Did you hear me?  Due TOMORROW.  What am I doing?  Blogging.  Ok, I've written it, but my heart just isn't in it because it's a tutoring session analysis and I'm just not feelin' it.  Oh, but that's not all.  I have another paper due on Friday, which I haven't even begun.  Don't people just zip out papers on cultural disjunctions of the 16th and 17th centuries on the fly?  Oh.  Well, maybe I should get started on it then...

My weekends don't seem to exist anymore.  What happened to them?  Boy, I'm looking forward to December and not having classes.  Snugglebug and Lovely still adore their classes.  Snugglebug informed me she doesn't want to homeschool--ever--she loves her friends too much.    They both really do love it...we may continue sending them to school next year as well, or a few years, as Hubby said today, depending on how things go.  As long as we keep pointing them back what is right, and do the best we can to train them in the way they should go, then we will keep praying about school.  Honestly, I look around the office/school room and I am disheartened that I invested so much time and effort into homeschool supplies, plans, hopes, etc.  But...I don't really miss actually doing the homeschool work.  Lovely is learning to read just fine with charter school.  She is learning about Respect (with a capital R!) at school, and she gets to have PE, music, library, art, and computer classes--things for which we just ran out of time.  She gets to climb and swing (did I mention we don't have anything to climb/swing on at our house?).  She's learning responsibility and to get along with others of various ages.  So, I feel I finally have more time to focus on what's important for me to teach them in their learning: about God.  

Ok, now I'm off to finish that paper and then play with the girls. I'll put off writing the other paper until later...

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I am, actually. I worked on my paper last night for a few hours, but I need to work on it more now because it's due tomorrow. But I don't wanna...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...you better get with it! lol So how is school going? You seems like you're a million miles away since you're gone all the time. How much time do you get off in December? Is is the whole month? We'll have to really party during that time! lol

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!