Monday, August 30, 2010

Just Thinking...

Today was the start of my 2nd week at U of L and Lovely's 2nd week of school.  Reactions:

Me:
  •  I have way too much reading to do.  Not like "Sam went to school today" kind of reading.  Here is an example of what I've been reading:  "Underpinned or at least burdened by the whole history of psychoanalytic theory, Campbell's use of the term participates in a depth hermeneutics that posits an irreducible essence inhabiting the subject and a tropology of the psyche that writes presence as consciousness, self-presence conceived within the opposition of consciousness to unconsciousness" (Beisecker, 146).  Ya, my thoughts exactly.  Amazing how you can love to write so much, but reading about writing.....uggghhhhh
  • The writing center is pretty lax as far as hours working and time spent.  We'll see how it continues, though.
  • I like the classes I was fearful of and dislike the one I thought I'd like.  Well, I take that back.  I love the information I'm learning in it, too.  History, you know!  I really should just live in an ancient library.
Lovely:
  • School is fun.  She likes her teacher.
  • She has several new friends, none of whom she can remember the names of.
  • Handwriting is kind of boring because she's done it so much before, but she's getting better!
  • She gets to play on the computer.
  • She's going to have "lab coats" that are literally hand-painted--I can't wait to see those one day! 
  • She's learning blends already, which isn't new to her, but pretty speedy for her grade, so I'm impressed.
  • Her teacher is "cracking down" on discipline this week--I'm amazed at how strict they are, and very pleased. 
Overall, it's been a good day.  If only I didn't have all of this reading....lol

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sometimes it seems like they make stuff up just to sound intelligent but it's really just a bunch of mumbo jumbo! lol HAPPY READING! =D

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!