Friday, August 20, 2010

Last Free Friday

Today is my last Friday of freedom...for a few months, at least.  And technically, it's not even free, with the abundant items on my infamous To-Do list.  Oh, well--I will make the best of it!

Yesterday was my orientation at U of L's Writing Center.  I'm actually pretty excited about working there!  I'm not crazy about all my hours, but I hope to get some time between work & class to study/write, so I don't have to do so at home as much.  I really like my manager/instructor, and I already knew one other person there (in addition the PhD mentors).  I am not crazy over the health insurance, but at least it's insurance.  If I have to go to the hospital that's frequently featured on the news as reporters discuss the latest gun shot/stabbing victim, then so be it--at least it will be paid for. 

I will admit, I dropped off an application at the charter school yesterday morning and felt oh-so-good about it.  I know they're full and they have a waiting list, but at least I'm making the effort so if the Lord opens the door, we can walk through it. Depending on how school goes this year, we may send the girls there next year (if they have room, of course)...it just depends.  I don't want to work away from home that much, but you never know what's going to happen! 

I've decided to just concentrate on phonics, spelling, and math with Lovely.  She does phonics online, without help, and does a super job.  Spelling....uggh...it took 5 tries to get an 87%, but honestly, the only thing I'm upset at is she needed me to do the typing for her in order to get that score.  Not that she can't find letters on a keyboard--she just told me I needed to be with her in order for her to do it.  So much for self-reliance in 1st grade! lol  Math went pretty well last night and she gave me a huge hug and kiss after the lesson because she had "so much fun."  Well, that was after she had a break down of "I can't do THIS!!!!" but I made her power through. 

As for all my other thoughts....pshhhaa....I am pushing them away.  Perhaps I should try yoga!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!