Monday, February 7, 2011

Desert Play

Lovely on the same metal spider I used to climb on and pretend was She-ra's space ship.
 I was surprised that it even has some red paint remaining on its body!

The carefree feeling of youth...now, I must vicariously live through the lives of my children...or must I?  I do find myself imposing wishes and dreams of my youth onto my girls, but then again, I find we frequently have the same yearnings.  What Lovely & Snugglebug want that I didn't, I just refer to as weird. 


This involved many takes and retakes for it to turn out...like this.  It was a good day; just me and the girls.  I love spending time with my girls, even when Lovely digs her heals in and refuses to budge in judgment.  This was taken on a walk at a park I used to go to on field trips.  The city has really grown up around it, so the only wildlife we noticed were birds flying high in the sky as they landed on mesquite and palo verde trees.  The girls' one question:  How can a bird land like that on a cactus and not get hurt?  ;-)  This picture is from at least 20 years after my last field trip to the desert, but I still feel like I'm wandering; attempting to find the dust-covered path beneath my weary feet. 

Where did your childhood walks take you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!