Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy *Heart* Day


Cards of Caring

Happy *Heart* Day, everyone!  Unfortunately, I had to work Saturday afternoon and since my babysitter is out of town, I brought the girls with me to work.  Let's just say I'm ok brining Lovely, but I will resist brining Snugglebug back if possible! 

Luckily, I only had one appointment, so I took the opportunity to work on Valentine's Day cards for Lovely's class.  I debated buying ready-made packaged ones, but I decided against it.  No, these aren't all nice and neat and picturesque, but they are from our imaginations, using our hands and our time.  Not only was I able to listen to Lovely decide what she thought each classmate would like to receive (right down to the colors of the card), but I was able to do some semi-mindless art therapy to ease stress. These are actually two pieces of construction paper glued together, the inner piece having a pop-up square so Lovely could glue cute hearts to pop-up at their new owners!  (Some even have googley-eyes!)

Are you doing anything special for Valentine's Day?


Old Hat Box and Hat, Finaly Dust Free--Almost



This is a hat box I rumaged off with from the family farm in Pennsylvania.  It was dirty and blackened, but I was surprised to find it made of a vinyl material--so easy to clean!  It even came with a really cute petal hat that I ashamedly probably ruined with water (I had to remove the spider webs some way!).  I think I'll turn the box into some sort of craft box, but I haven't decided yet.  For now, it's sitting on my dining room table, thankful that I removed it from the dusty clutces of a 200 year old attic.  Any ideas for the box?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!