Friday, February 25, 2011

Sunshine through the Clouds: Tohono Chul Park

When we visited Tucson this past winter, we walked through Tohono Chul Park, located diagonally from my old elementary school.  They had extended the park since I had been there last, and although I wasn't crazy about the sounds of traffic zooming down the road, I couldn't resist taking pictures of these gorgeous "life reminders" as I call them. 

 


"How many humans have had the patience to know even one saguaro well?"

These pictures give me a touch of sunshine on cloudy days.


"The desert is my lady.  She screams at the spring sky, dances with her skirts high, kicks sand, flings tubmleweeds, digs her nails into all flesh.  Hair unveield, lust fascinates the sun."


Where do you find your touch of sunshine?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I visited here when we were in AZ last time. Ate at the little cafe with my mom...was so cute and quaint! Didn't go on the desert trail but ended up buying my cactus display which is still sitting in my window!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!