Monday, February 21, 2011

Making the Rounds


This is my newest project...crochet.  Yes, I decided four graduate classes, 20 hrs/wk at the writing center, my husband's business paperwork, two small children, and a household wasn't a big enough challenge...something had to be done with these hands!  Actually, I'm wondering if needlework will be therapeutic, if I can block everything else out and just remember to count!  Victorian literature always mentions women and their hands, usually sewing or doing other needlework, so lets see if there's a method to their maddness. 

I did the lighter purlple first with guidance from my friend, Allison (thank you, Allison!) and I did the second round this weekend on my own (woohoo initiative!).  These are supposed to turn into hats, which I believe they will!  Wish me luck!

What challenges are you giving yourself this week?

3 comments:

  1. Your rounds look so good! You will have hats in no time! I've had a lot of fun teaching you, but the teaching part sure didn't last very long. You're a quick learner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer, fantastic job on the hats. I'm sure they will get alot of wear when they are finished.
    So satisfying to actually use something you have made.
    You certainly had a good teacher.
    Crochet is quite addictive once you get the hang of it and those idle hands will forever be hooking some little project. Better make room in a cupboard for your every growing wool stash you're going to need it, ......

    Enjoy your weekend,

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the same thing: where to put all of the yarn I look forward to purchasing! I keep finding more boxes of crafts everytime I turn around, so I hope to get a little more organized this summer.

    Thanks for the compliments on the hat--I can't wait to get started on my next project :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!