Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Hat Craze

Lovely and her Purpley Flower Hat
Finished!  Can you believe I finished two hats in less than a week?  Well, I think it was less than a week...I only really worked on them about four days!  Allison was right--this was a super easy, super quick project that got me hooked on crocheting (no pun intended)!  What do you think?  I used really cute leather (or faux leather--not sure) buttons that I found in my mom's really, really, really old button jar. 
Snugglebug and her Snuggly Flower Hat
Snugglebug's hat was first, so the seams are a lot more visible and the stitches aren't quite as even.  However, she still seems pleased with it!  I let her pick the buttons for this and she chose a cute gold circle with what looks like white knitted material in the middle.  Then, she chose a really cheesey gold anchor buttom that I'm not so fond of, but hey, this is her hat, so I'll just deal with it ;-)
Below are the hats by themselves.  I'm quited psyched (or stoked, according to Hubby) about finishing these projects...Beware of what summer may hold!  My eventual goal for August:  crochet dresses for this winter!  Mwoohahaha!



This pattern is found at McKinley's Closet:  http://mckinleyscloset.blogspot.com/2010/03/spring-fever.html
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. your hats are so pretty! i think your girls are happy with them--look at those smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Lovely wore her hat to school today and told her teacher and her friends that I made it--they just wanted to touch the buttons, though (well, her friends wanted to, anyway) ;-) I guess I need to pick up some knitting needles next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! But wait- aren't you supposed to be working on a paper or something?! lol j/k Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!