Sunday, July 21, 2013

8 Mos Pics and Sewing

I was hoping for a nice green background, but Laeah doesn't seem to like the outdoors very much, unless she's being held. (Yes, I'm slightly changing the way I spell her nickname.)

 

By the end of the photo shoot:

As soon as we came in from the photo shoot:


Have I mentioned she's learned to spit?  So, her clothing might not be from milk, or a diaper, but just because she got a kick out of spitting for a few minutes.  Can't wait until she does that in church!  Ah, but she did do much better in church this morning; she lasted 1.5 hours without me needing to take her to the nursery.  Yeah!

My newest project:  An elephant for Laeah
 


I used Simplicity pattern 2613 with some adjustments.  My elephant is two-toned, with cordoroy on the front, unlike the ones in the pattern.  I also added plastic on the inside to give some crinkle-noise.  The eyes were a bit tricky, as the pattern suggested safety eyes.  After searching Hancocks, Michael's, and Ben Franklin, I've decided safety eyes must be ordered online.  Instead, I carefully sewed felt eyes to the animal with the knowledge that I will just keep my eye on Laeah while she plays with it--like I usually do.  I can't see the eyes coming off, though.

Let me just scream at all past sewing teachers now:  "WHY! didn't you start me out on a stuffed animal instead of a dress, or a skirt, or an apron?!!"  Stuffed animals are sooooo much easier.  Yes, I made mistakes, but I was able to fix them pretty quickly.  Snugglebug is requesting an elephant as well, so that's on my list, too. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm listenin'--and your comments are sooo appreciated!